- The Undergraduate Toolkit
- I was invited by Ms Kudsiya Cassim from The Renaissance Network and Dr Layla Cassim from Layla Cassim ERS Consultants CC in December 2021 to contribute to The Undergraduate Toolkit
- I wrote my article (which is a mini-autobiography of me) entitled: 'NOOR: A Guiding Light - My career (and life) journey by Zakia Salod' - it is aimed to motivate and encourage students
- The Undergraduate Toolkit is an e-book available to students online and on USB
- The Undergraduate Toolkit was launched in South Africa on 22 April 2022
- If you would like to purchase a copy of The Undergraduate Toolkit, please contact Ms Kudsiya Cassim on: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Layla Cassim on: email@example.com
- One of the Top 21 Finalists of the 2021 JCI South Africa Ten Outstanding Young Persons of South Africa (JCI SA TOYP)
- I was nominated and select as one of the top 21 finalists of the 2021 JCI South Africa outstanding young persons of South Africa for 2021 in the category of Personal Improvement and/or Accomplishment
- I have been featured here: Ms Zakia Salod Personal Improvement and/or Accomplishment
- In the Midst: A COVID-19 Anthology
- I wrote a COVID-19 poem entitled: 'In the Midst of Darkness, Is There Any Hope?' and created an artwork to go with it, called 'There Is Hope', which were selected for publication and featured in a book called: In the Midst, a Covid-19 Anthology, which was published by the company Inspiration for Writers, Inc, from the United States of America (USA)
- This book is available for purchase on Amazon: (i) In the Midst: A COVID-19 Anthology - grayscale version; and (ii) In the Midst: A COVID-19 Anthology - colour version
- Or you could contact Sandy Tritt from Inspiration for Writers, Inc on: firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase the book(s) or for more information about them
- COVID-19: Where Art and Science Meet
- The Sub-Saharan African Network for TB/HIV Research Excellence (SANTHE) hosted the COVID-19: where art and science meet project.
- SANTHE hosted interactive virtual workshops with scientists and artists to explore COVID-19 topics.
- The artists had to then create artworks for exhibition, which is displayed on their website.
- I took part in this project in the role of artist. My artwork is featured here: Zakia Salod: The global race towards a COVID-19 vaccine in the midst of the fourth industrial revolution in the year 2020
- The POST Newspaper: 'Do what you love, love what you do'
- I was featured in The POST Newspaper under the section highlighting students who graduated from the University of KwaZulu-Natal as part of graduations. This was for my Masters degree. The article is here: 'Do what you love, love what you do'
- Professional Achiever of the Year in South Africa: Minara Chamber of Commerce
- I was a finalist and won the Professional Achiever of the Year award in South Africa
- I was featured on the Minara Chamber of Commerce website: Minara Business Awards Winners 2019
- I was featured in the Al-Qalam newspaper: Minara Awards winners: ‘Achievers never expose themselves – their achievements do’
- I was featured in the KwaZulu-Natal Top Business website: Minara Business Awards Winners 2019
- One of the Top 15 Young Geeks of the year in South Africa: Geekulcha
- Winner of National Hackathon ('Future Hack') in South Africa: Digital McKinsey and Facebook
- The following was my entry which got me shortlisted for the hackathon: Oncology Crisis in Southern Africa . . . The Response: | Teleoncology | Artificial Intelligence |
- Me and my team then won 1st position for a national Hackathon in South Africa, hosted by Digital McKinsey and Facebook
- I was featured in the 'LexisPeople: Celebrating your stories' LexisNexis news of South Africa (I was working at LexisNexis South Africa at the time, but the hackathon was my personal initiative): please see my feature below: